Thursday, April 29, 2010

Radical by David Platt

Today I received an email from WaterBrook Multnomah publishing's Blogging for Books program about the book Radical by David Platt. They asked me (and other bloggers) to read the first chapter and post my thoughts. His book is about his search of living a radical life of belief in and obedience to Jesus Christ by stepping away from the self-centered American church and moving towards a life of sacrifice for the sake of the Gospel. 
 
What Platt proposes in chapter one alone is nothing short of radical. I can see where he is coming from and it takes a supernatural amount of faith to live the radical life he talks about.  Without having read the rest of the book, I think he is heading in the right directions.  I can definitely tell he is still searching for answers (which he readily admits) and for the reader that likes a good adventure, this book is for that person. While I agree with a lot of what he says, I think it is important to use discernment because not every person's "Radical Life" will look the same.  For some it may mean literally selling everything they have to give to the poor and for other it may mean remaining single to devote their life service and the Gospel.  I think it is more important to take away the heart of what Platt says and ask God to show us through scripture how to be radical in our relationship with Him. I'm definitely curious to see where Platt lands at the end of the book.
 
 WaterBrook Multnomah is offering chapter one for free by visiting this website: http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/2010/04/20/sneak-peek-radical-by-david-platt/
 
They are also offering "The Radical Question" (a small companion guide to Radical) for free! You can go to this website to have your copy mailed to you: http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/RadicalQuestion/
 
If you would like to learn more about Radical by David Platt please visit: www.RadicaltheBook.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment