Monday, October 20, 2008

Happenings

So, a lot has been happening since the Yoga post.  
For starters I was incredibly sick last week.  Was out of work for 2.5 days sick.  Lost 6 pounds sick. Didn't get out of bed for 36 hours sick.  It was bad.  My anthem for those days was the song Healer.  I don't care what people say about the controversy surrounding that song. Every time I sang it, I had hope God would ultimately heal me, and He did!  It is times like that, that I am incredibly thankful to be living with my mom!  She took great care of me.  Thanks, Mom!
Second, I saw the movie "The Secret Life of Bees".  It was amazing!  Finally a movie has followed the book's story line.   Of course some things were left out, but still amazing.  If you haven't read the book "The Secret Life of Bees" it is on my Top 5 Books of All Time List.  I'm an avid reader, so it has to be good to make that list! 
The bigger thing going on is that I will be going on a missions trip to the Amazon River basin in Brazil in June 2009!
Let me back up a bit.  I normally have an aversion to anything that resembles 'roughing it', but whenever someone brings up the annual mission trip to the Amazon I get this aching in my chest.  A good ache of longing to be with the people of that area.  
Well, last weekend was missions weekend at my church, and the Amazon trip was brought up again.  This time though it was time to sign up, and I did.  I could no longer avoid the fact that God has been preparing my heart for the call to go on this mission.  I did it in faith because this is way outside of my comfort zone and because it is an expensive trip.  
I've also recently made a conscious decision to do things that scare me because a life lived in fear probably means I'm not trusting God enough to actually LIVE.  I don't know about you, but I want to LIVE!
If you would like to be a prayer partner with me as I prepare for this trip OR you would like to sew financially into this mission I would love to hear from you!  Just shoot me an email at alisonlhunt [at] gmail [dot] com, and I'll answer any questions you may have. :-)
-A

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you were so sick! Moms are the best, aren't they? I want to see that movie too but haven't read the book yet. That is so exciting about the trip to the Amazon!! I agree about trying not to live in fear. I can tend to do that but I don't want to regret that I missed out on fun adventures in life. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see that movie! I had to read the book for class and it was one of my most favorite books to read for my major.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

    Wow! The amazon! Go do your thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That trip sounds so exciting! I find it inspiring that you are willing to do something that scares you. I hope I can somehow make that change about myself someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 8 people have told me to read that book thus I will just have too!

    ReplyDelete