Friday, April 11, 2008

If I Were an Artist

There have been several points in my life that I have had the distinct desire to be an artist. I envy people that can actually express and share with the world the images they see in their imagination. I am artistic and creative, but I cannot draw or paint. That frustrates me to no end. Yes, I could take a drawing 1 course. However, it is not a natural gift and I would remain a frustrated artist. If I were an artist I would... ...draw prayer time images in coal. ...paint images from night-dreams in oil and day-dreams in acrylic. ...draw deep revelations in ink. ...paint hopes and desires in water colors. If I were an artist, I would bind all of my pages as a timeline of my walk with God. With words in place of images and pens in place of brushes, I will craft my story and bind my pages still.

4 comments:

  1. That was just an AWESOME post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should draw anyway. :)

    I'm an artist that hates drawing. I'd rather put together letters and numbers that make sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you may not be able to draw....but you sure have a way with words.

    I wish I were artistic too. But I always wonder if I would actually use my talent like I think I would if it came naturally?? I would hope so!

    ReplyDelete