Monday, February 11, 2008

Unrequited

When you held my hand, and read my lips, I knew I would always love you. You spoke sweet words, and made my hearty giddy, I hoped I could always love you. Though you had my heart, you squished it a little, I wanted to always love you. When our lives split apart, and ill advice made me leave you, I secretly always loved you. Though I've grown and changed, and hardly know what makes you smile, I want to always love you. This want is unrequited, and probably will remain, I have to choose to no longer always love you. **author's footnote: This poem was written based on a reminiscing session I had this afternoon. A wonderful memory absorbed my thoughts and brought some feelings that surprisingly surfaced. While the memory session was nice, reality is can be nicer...sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment