Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lessons

The past 2 weeks have been filled with learned lessons....life lessons, spiritual lessons, practical lessons. I hear Susan Reed saying, 'Woohoo! Finally!' to that last one! hahaha ;o) On to a more serious note, these lessons will be invaluable to me in the present and future. In the spirit of concise posts and the fact that I love list making, here are my lessons:
  • Trust your gut instinct when you meet someone and you feel like something isn't quite right. You may be wrong in the ends, but better safe than sorry sometimes.
  • Make sure to tell your friends to not give a man your phone number when they've only known him for 5 minutes. You never know what his intentions are.
  • I will be buying pepper spray and taking self-defense classes.....every woman should.
  • It is very easy to ask God forgiveness of my sin, but it is very hard to forgive those that trespass against me.
  • I prayed and asked God to show me how to forgive. What God did was show me how He sees my trespasser. It is very hard to feel sorry for myself when overwhelmed by God's sadness for that person because they are separated from Him.
  • Privacy: Not everyone needs to know every detail!
  • Deacons: I love my deacons! Protecting, serving, praying, encouraging men of God...at least at my church!
  • God is all about the lost being found, and I am learning to pray for those that are hard for me to love.
  • Sometimes, you have to know when it is not healthy or safe for someone to be in your life, and it's OK. That does NOT mean I am off the hook on loving them with God's love, though.

Now that you have had enough of my life lessons, I am going to ponder more on some of those....especially forgiving those that trespass into my life.

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment