Monday, May 23, 2011

That Moment

Disney's Tangled

I used to dread that moment when I laid in bed waiting for sleep. The night time has always been difficult for me. 

As a little girl, I was afraid of the dark, the corners of my room housed monsters of my imagination. 

As a teenager, that time held a significant loneliness. 

As a college student, it was a time of weeping for what was lost and what will never be.  

As a young woman, it has been where I examine my day, raking over every minute. 

Now, it is becoming a time of letting go...untying the knots and letting the lanterns float away. They’re so pretty on their way...towards the heavens. Wishes, prayers, hopes, anxieties, fears, dreams, love, all of the emotions and memories from the day. They can only become truly beautiful when released from the knot that tied them to me. 

Peace is found in that moment.

1 comment:

  1. I too always dreaded when it came time to lay down at night too...for some of the same reasons.

    You have turned it into something beautiful Alison...a time for letting go and the way you compare it to the lanterns is beautifully symbolic and a challenge too.

    The last two sentences of this are just beautiful powerful.

    <3

    ReplyDelete