Friday, February 18, 2011

Every Circumstance

I over-process just about everything.

I think about past conversations and future ones too. I think about the impact today will have on tomorrow. I think about the words others choose to use, or not use, with me.

Am I too much; am I not enough? {Paradoxical, I know.}

I'm calculated and controlled in the worst way possible...in the sharing of my emotions and feelings with those I love the most. I hardly say what really matters and cover it up with facts and events. I can talk about my day, but not about how my day made me feel.

I wish my people would just ask me "What do I mean to you? How do you feel about me?" because maybe then I would have the courage. But, what faith and trust does that take?  {And, yes, I really call them 'my people'...I'm possessive, what can I say?}

I guard my life with my "goodness" but my life is not my own to guard.

Those thoughts...the ones you just read...that was my Friday morning. Then I read Holley Gerth's blog post for today and was reminded every circumstance is being handled with care by the God who loves me. God's got a plan. I can't be the only one who needed that reminder today, right? Right.

Check out Holley's blog over at http://holley.dayspring.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment