Thursday, August 12, 2010

This Week

This week has been filled with trying
to figure some things out in my heart and mind...
A time of reconciling the two together
to become my one story 
instead two plots of war.
{peace}

This week has also been a constant reminder
that God knows exactly
what weighs on me,
and sometimes answers me
through people I’ve never met...

8/9/10
“It’s hard to trust someone
who has the potential to hurt you.
But I think that’s the point, right?  
Trust doesn’t mean a thing
if the other person is completely safe.
It’s scary.  
But it doesn’t mean that it’s not worth doing.”

8/10/10
Morning:
“You have to choose whether
you are going to expect the worst
OR
believe the best.
I am ready to make that choice.
I want to be someone who chooses
recklessly, boldly, even naively, to believe the best.

Evening:
“If I am now enduring the bringing low,
I maywell rejoice,
because I see in it the preface to the lifting up.
Charles Spurgeon via @yelyahwilliams

8/12/10
“If God wants you THERE
He will take you THERE...
in the meantime enjoy HERE
on the way to THERE...“

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Powerful words from some really great people.

    I love how He gives us little gifts like that...for the journey. Knowing what weighs on our hearts and what we need to be encouraged and reminded.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison!
    Found you through our friends at incourage! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Critty - my love language is gifts...So I've felt very loved by God this week!

    Keri - Welcome! I'm going to head over and check out your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete