Monday, August 16, 2010

If I had it my way


If I had it my way:

There would be a studio in my house where I could write and create all day long...for a living. You know, get paid to do what I love.

It would be completely appropriate to quote Bon Qui Qui at work. It would truly make my life complete.

Every song would have an acoustic version. It somehow makes even the hardest songs sound magical.

My niece and nephew would always call me “Auntie Alison” {forever and ever Amen}. Too bad my nephew has already informed me When I’m a grown-up I’m just going to call you Alison, ok?” I may have told him “No! That’s not OK!”  We’ll see who wins in 12 years.

There would be a Starbucks fairy that delivered a Cinnamon Dulce Frappuccino Light to my bedside every morning. It’s an addiction, people.

Fear of rejection would not exist.  I have a suspicion that we would then be more free to love with out strings of acceptance attached. {Love for someone else above ourselves.}

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! I think you should have it your way, because your way sounds eerily similar to mine. I agree wholeheartedly on the acoustic version of every song, this needs to happen!! Ditto the starbucks fairy and fear of rejection and, well, all of the above. I don't have official nieces and nephews yet, but two of my best friends have children who call me Auntie Kara. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you think! :o) I hope for always I am Aunt Christy to sweet Toccoa. I think it is the most special title ever.

    And the last one...Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies! I'm so glad you agree....isn't there some scripture about where 2 or more gather Jesus is there? hahaha I think he is here! JK!!

    ReplyDelete