Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Laughing @ Myself

I am particular about the way I do most tasks. I know this about myself, but I did not realize I was so transparent about it! Sometimes I think God uses people to show me my peculiarities so I can get a good laugh at myself.

The other day I was fixing my tea in the break room at work and I got into a conversation with a coworker.  Our positions work in orbit of each other and we don't usually have much cause to interact, except the few minutes we spend in the break room in the mornings.  That day I was fixing my hot tea and was going through my normal routine, and out of the blue she asks if I am the only girl child in my family.  I tell her that I am, and go on to explain that I have an older brother and 2-step sisters that I gained as an adult.  I didn't know what prompted the question and so I said, "Why do you ask? Is there something about me that gives it away?"

She just shakes her head, laughs and tells me that everything I do is done "just-so".   I immediately knew she was confronting my strange compulsion to be particular and had laughed right along with her.

Sometimes I need to have a good giggle at the parts that make up the sum of who I am as a person.

What parts of your sum do you need to laugh at today?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I do that too. I have a particular order to many things in my life. (including bathroom stuff) My morning is so particular if I get out of sync it can make me have a bad morning. Sad huh?

    Must be that only girl thing. Well and the oldest child thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you on the morning routine! hahaha

    ReplyDelete