Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More Than a Daily Peek

Since it has been an exorbitant amount of time since I've given a proper update, you get the bulleted highlighs of my life since December.
  • I turned 27 and officially entered my "late twenties"....can we say that's just unbelievable? If you know my story, then you know I didn't quite plan for this age.
  • My oldest friend got married on Valentines Day, and I was a bridesmaid. Now, don't get me wrong, I was honored and am a big fan of Valentine's Day, but as a single lady...salt in the relational wound. I had to pray some of the infamous Michele's words "Jesus be a fence AND a shield for the bride from her single bridesmaids."
  • While at my dad's house, for said Valentines Day wedding, I also found out I'm going to France for a week in June. Thank you Lindsay and Jason for planning a destination wedding in the South of France!
  • My bff, Shelby, got engaged to the man of her dreams. Friends, this man did it right! It included a day at the spa, a mansion and a hidden photographer. Thank God her man and I get along really well too! Seriously, how awkward would that be to not like your bff's hubby? Tanner, I'm so glad to be adding you in my life! Did I mention I get to the maid of honor along with my friend Amy?! So excited to play this part!
  • I have a new niece and I fell in love on first sight. She. is. beautiful!
  • The family Easter brunch was incredible and my brother made the mother of all grits. Let's just say, I did not even like grits until he made them for me. If you ever have me over for breakfast I promise to make them for you! It's now a family recipe, so there will be no recipe sharing this time...sorry!
  • Alexander, the world's cutest, sweetest, kindest nephews officially weighs too much to be picked up and is a head taller than all the other kids in his pre-k class. He's 5 people, FIVE! Um, he will be large and in charge when he's a man.
  • I'm contemplating some major changes that would include a significant amount of transition time and $$. Lord help me because I like to be on solid ground at all times. Pray for me :)
  • No, this would not include ANOTHER move...I'm quite happy in my coastal town.
  • Yes, I like being cryptic.
  • I now love sci-fi and fantasy novels. I mean really LOVE. I know, right? So not me, but so much more food for the imagination! I can't even read another genre right now. Go here and here and here and here for some of my favorites.
  • I am considering giving up my data/internet plan for my phone ::gasp::... wait for it..... to downsize my spending. Although, that change will not take place until after my transatlantic journey.
  • In turn, I will most likely give up twitter too.
  • I quit my part-time job and have my weekends back! I miss the extra $$, but now I am free for weekend roadtrips....any takers? Let me know.
  • Finally, as of last night's workout, I can not raise my arms above my head or bend over. I may have over done it.

Now that you have your little update, I must tell you that I have a new blog installment called Daily Peek. However, it wont quite be an every day thing. Some days are definitely not noteworthy... like the days I wake-up, work, go home, eat dinner, read and go to bed. This installment is more for me than anyone else. I have a bad habit of forgetting what has happened in my life ;o) Hence, the uber cheesy bulleted highlighted update above.

Love and cheerios,

A

(ht: AB for the Daily Peek idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment