Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Playlist Link Up

Can I be honest? I've never bought Christmas music! My play list has mainly been supplied by my mom's collection from over the years. In the spirit of sharing and the Christmas season, here is I will be listening to and/or singing this:
  • The Elf soundtrack....the whole thing, but especially 'Baby It's Cold Outside' sung by Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel. Elf is my favorite Christmas movie of all time.
  • The Nutcracker Suite - London Symphony Orchestra...In 5th grade I danced in the Nutcracker. I tried out for one of the children in the party scene, but was cast as a rat. My costume was definitely better than what the party children had to wear!
  • Mannheim Steamroller has always been a staple in my family. When I hear it, it takes me back to Christmases of my childhood!
  • I don't have many Christmas carols downloaded onto my ipod, but I can't wait to sing them at the Christmas Eve service at my church! Some of my favorites to sing are Oh Come, Oh Come Emanuel; Silent Night; Away In the Manger; and Joy To The World.
You don't have to tell me twice that my play list is pitiful, but Christmas music has never been my passion. I would much rather watch Christmas movies! Here's what I'll be watching to stay in the Christmas spirit!
  • Elf
  • Little Women
  • Just Friends
  • Christmas Vacation
  • A Christmas Story
  • The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
  • The Polar Express
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Home Alone
  • Lifetime channel Christmas movies - I'm a sucker for the cheese factor
So, what's on your play list this year? What are your favorite carols to sing? Anything I must download to expand my Christmas music selection? To read what other people are listening to this Christmas season visit www.exemplifyonline.com.

12 comments:

  1. the happy christmas cd's!!! They are oldies but goodies. :) Lots of nice original versions of old classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE old classics! I'll check that out tonight...Thanks, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the movie Elf three times last week. I am going to have to get the soundtrack...it's a must now!

    I too adore Christmas movies... Hallmark, Lifetime, and ABC family make me happy this time of year! Cheesy factor aside...I love some feel good Christmas movies!

    -crittyjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I love Elf so much it is not even funny! Seriously, how hilarious is that movie? I just watched it last night!

    I love The Nutcracker Suite is one of my favorites too. I love ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas movies - from campy to cheesy, I love them all. :) It's one of my favorite things about the season - to snuggle up with some cocoa & cookies and watch hours of movies. What a way to feel like a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really awesome. I love Christmas movies, too. White Christmas and Holiday Inn are givens. I also love Mixed Nuts.

    You are making me want to watch a movie! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments! Yeah...I'll be watching Elf either tonight or tomorrow....LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great list! I love your blog...I will be adding it to my reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melissa! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are big M. Steamroller fans at our place!! Love their stuff... it is just Christmas to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh How fun to be able to have Mom's old classics.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have alot of Christmas music either...what I do have is mostly the old classics, and some instrumental Christmas carols. I love Christmas movies too!

    ReplyDelete