Friday, September 12, 2008

My friend Nicole

Tonight I had dinner with my friend Nicole, and it was the last time to see her before she moves to Washington DC with her husband.  Nicole was my first friend when I moved to St. Augustine in high school.  We both worked at a grocery store and one night we had break together.  She started talking to me and inviting me to hang out with her and her friends.  She was an answer to many lonely prayers.  
We even went to the same college, and it was in college that our friendship was tested and almost broken.  Through that tough time, our friendship became stronger because we learned that some friendships are worth fighting for.  I am so thankful that we fought like hell to hold on because she has been a steady rock in my life through the years.  I can count on one hand my friends that I am completely unguarded with, and she is on that hand!   I'm going to miss her like crazy and believe when I say I'll be making trips to DC to
 stay with her and her hubby!
I love you, Nicole!

1 comment: